Hsiu Lin's Blog

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Miracle cure

Liem and I have been having this long drawn out cold. It's been weeks and we are still having runny noses and slight coughs. Nothing bad enough to warrant staying home, but annoying and tiring. Early Sunday morning, I had this conversation with Liem:

Liem: Mummy, I'm feeling worse....my throat is sore...
Mummy: Oh, alright. We won't go to the bike track then and I'll take you to the doctor instead.
(Pause)
L: Maybe if I drink some water I'll feel better. (Drinks some water). I'm feeling a bit better.
M: Oh good.
L: I think I'll have a rest on the couch and then I'll feel better. (Lies down on the couch for a minute). I'm better! Mummy! I'm better! We can go to the bike track today!

It's a miracle cure!

2 Comments:

  • Never underestimate the power of a power nap (even if it is just lying down for 1 minute)... Haha!

    By Blogger Hsiu Pin, at 9:41 AM  

  • Yes, we should all learn from this. Always have a drink of water and a lie down on the couch before even contemplating going to the doctor.

    By Blogger Hsiu Lin, at 8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home