Hsiu Lin's Blog

Sunday, May 24, 2009

What civilised behaviour?

We are in Chinatown, having just done some Asian grocery shopping. We stop for a drink and a rest, Daddy goes to the toilet and leaves me to order the food and drinks. Liem wants a blueberry muffin. Blueberry muffins are sold out. I ask Liem, "Apple or banana?" No answer, so I decide for him. "Apple". Liem tells me he doesn't like apple muffins and he doesn't want to eat an apple muffin, I tell him he doesn't have to eat it. He tells me he wants strawberries, I tell him there are no strawberries in that shop, only strawberry milkshakes. My tea arrives, Liem wants my milk, I give it to him, he sips it out of the jug (I needed my cup for my tea after all). The apple muffin arrives, I ask Liem if he wants to try some, he has a small piece. "I LIKE apple muffin. Yum yum!" He then proceeds to break small bits of muffin and eats them. Daddy comes back and has his coffee. We both watch in disbelief as Liem spears the remainder of the muffin with his fork and eats it like he's eating a toffee apple. I am hoping no one is watching us. When he's finished, Liem tells Daddy he is drinking Mummy's milk and proceeds to drink from the jug. Daddy is horrified, "You can't drink from the jug!" I say, "He already did". "I go away for 5 minutes and all civilised behaviour goes out the window." We slink away, leaving a pile of muffin crumbs on the table, chair and floor. Daddy tells me, "It was $6.70 for the food and $3 to forget about the incident."

3 Comments:

  • eh liem must be so well behaved normally! all that is normal behaviour for keira everytime we go out! i clean the floor with serviettes at every restaurant after keira's meal.

    By Blogger MayChing, at 12:35 PM  

  • He's much better these days than he used to be. Although he still makes a mess on the table and floor (at home and when we are out). He IS older now though, and a different standard of behaviour is needed. You can no longer say, oh, he's still young... People will say, that mother hasn't taught her son very well!!!

    By Blogger Hsiu Lin, at 3:10 PM  

  • I still think it is funny that Khiem was horrified Liem drank out of the jug... hahahaha!

    By Blogger Hsiu Pin, at 2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home