Hsiu Lin's Blog

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Harmony Day


Liem's school celebrated Harmony Day last Thursday. I took the day off and made fried rice to represent my culture! I made fried rice last year as well, and it's good to see the kids eat it. When Liem was in Kindy, I made a Malaysian cake called appam hitam manis, but no one ate it! I think it might be fried rice every year!

It was a good opportunity to meet up with other parents, eat yummy food, tar pao leftover food home.... We heard Liem's teacher say that if there was leftover food to just throw it away. I was shocked! Throw away good food??? Must volunteer every year for cleaning up duties so that can take home all the uneaten food. Hahaha...

Oh, forgot to say that Liem is in the choir. They sang a song called "Count on Me".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home