Hsiu Lin's Blog

Monday, April 09, 2012

Head lice!

Liem had head lice (kutu) a few weeks ago. I was warned that he'd been playing closely with a child who had head lice. I checked his hair just by looking (and this was my biggest mistake!), couldn't see any head lice so didn't do anything. Next thing, Liem is scratching his head like mad, I look again, there are nits (lice eggs)! Treated all of us with a medicated foam, then lots of conditioner and combing with a fine-tooth metal comb. EEEK! Lots of things with little legs came out. Second treatment a week later, lots more combings and I think we are clean now. Quite paranoid now though....I condition Liem's hair and comb it to check for more head lice, especially when he scratches his head. Of course, now he loves to lie on my bed, rubbing his head on my pillow saying, "Putting nits on Mummy's pillow"... Little rascal...

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home