Hsiu Lin's Blog

Saturday, February 07, 2009

Conned!

My godparents babysat Liem while Khiem and I went to see the Magic Flute a few weekends ago. When we got back, my godmother happily told us that Liem was very good and no trouble although he didn't want to go to sleep when they asked him to. So they told him that when the big hand of the clock went to 8 and it was on 5 then, he had to go to bed (this is at 2.25 pm when Liem usually has a nap at 1.30pm). When the big hand went to 8 (2.40 pm), Liem happily went to bed and had a long nap. I told her that at home, there is no negotiation. When it's bed time, it's bed time. My godmother laughed and laughed, "We thought we conned him, actually he conned us!".

Although I think WE are the ones that got conned. At home Liem doesn't touch a single leaf of lettuce and wails when we try and give him green beans (French beans, as my mum calls them). At my godparents', he happily ate sang choy bao, wrapping the lettuce leaves around the fried minced pork mixture (which includes green beans) and chomping the whole lot down. He must have eaten about 3 of them. Haiyoh...

1 Comments:

  • haha! i am learning to hide vegies inside food for keira too!

    By Blogger MayChing, at 9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home