Hsiu Lin's Blog

Monday, December 10, 2007

What Liem learnt from Daddy

Liem used to cry every time I washed his hair. No matter what I did, how careful I was not to get water or soap on his face or ears, he would still cry. Every time. It got to a stage where I avoided washing his hair if possible so he sometimes went a week without a hair wash. I had to get used to ignoring all the crying and hoping that the neighbours didn't think we were abusing a poor child in the house.

Then Daddy got into action. Liem's hair got washed in a very thorough manner with water splooshed on his head to get rid of all the soap without any thought of water going onto Liem's face or ears. The screams of outrage could be heard in the next state!

After several sessions of this, now whenever Daddy or Mummy gets ready to wash Liem's hair, Liem directs us to "wash hair with face washer". Not a peep out of him. What an angel...

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home