Hsiu Lin's Blog

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Don't look if squeamish

When I was pregnant, I "showed" early because it turned out I had fibroids (benign tumours in the uterus). The fibroids grew quite big during the pregnancy and I've just had them taken out. These are some of the photos taken during the operation. The first one shows the fibroids covered with some sort of membrane. The last four pictures show the leftover "stems" and the machine that chops up the fibroids into small bits that can be taken out. I was operated on for 3 hours and I continued to sleep for another 3 hours while poor Khiem was searching for me in the hospital (they "lost" me - said I was in a particular room when I was actually still sleeping in the recovery room). Everything went well...there was minimal blood loss and the large 12 cm fibroid and the smaller 4-5 cm fibroid were taken out cleanly. My wounds are recovering and I've only got a bit of bruising. Three holes in my abdomen and one in my navel. The wonders of modern medicine.

Edit: Have had to take the pictures away due to all the complaints! I've put the pictures somewhere else so you can still see them if you want to.

1 Comments:

  • Je! No one wants to look at your fibroids! Hmm... looks a bit like the pork intestines that mum likes to eat.

    By Blogger Hsiu Pin, at 9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home