Hsiu Lin's Blog

Monday, January 02, 2006

Drinking water

When we had Liem on formula and the days started to get hot, he would go 3 days without having a poo. The clinic nurse said to give him water to help with that. Sounds pretty easy, "Just give him some water". The first time I gave him water, he drank about 10 mls then refused to drink anymore. The second time I gave him water, he sucked once, then refused to drink. After that I noticed him TASTING whatever I gave him first to make sure it was yummy formula and not horrible water before he would continue to suck. Even my mum tried to give him water and he refused to drink.

Then when he was sick in Geelong and it was 36 degrees or something like that, he finally drank 20 mls of water! Twice! I was so happy because it meant that at least he was getting some extra fluid in him.

We came home to Sydney and it was 45 degrees!!! The unit was a total oven. I drank 6-7 glasses of water and was still thirsty. Liem woke up crying at 4.45 am and I gave him some water. Filled his bottle 1/3 full with water. He drank the lot. Filled it up again to about 1/3 with water and he sucked the lot down. And a third lot. And part of the fourth. I estimate he drank about 270 mls of water!!! At least he's smart enough to drink water when he's thirsty.

1 Comments:

  • Ohhh... yes, u must get him addicted to water like me. He would have lovely soft skin. He sounds like a hot babe.... just like his auntie. HAHAHAHAHA!!

    By Blogger Hsiu Pin, at 10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home